Monday, November 19, 2012

Snowflake/Ornament 3

I have been having fun with these little projects.  This last one that I made, I think, is really cute.  I think it would look beautiful in red and white!

Swirls and Sprinkles: Free crochet snowflake ornament pattern
Christmas snowflake/ornament



You may not change or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

Snowflake 3
What you will need:
H hook
Red and Green worsted weight yarn
Scissors
Yarn needle



Abbreviations:
ch- chain
st-stitch
sl st- slip stitch
sc- single crochet
hdc- half double crochet
dc- double crochet

Special stitch.
Picot:  Ch 3, sl st into first ch.

 Starting with green

Make magic circle

Round 1:  Ch 1, 12 hdc into ring. Join with first hdc.
Pull circle closed and fasten off.

Attach red in the top of the last hdc

Do not ch!

Round 2:  *Dc into ring, ch 3*.  Repeat 5 more times.  Join with first dc.
To dc into ring:  yo over, insert hook into the center of the ring, draw up a loop.  Continue to finish dc as you normally would.

Round 3: *2sc into ch 3 space, picot, 2 sc* Repeat in 5 remaining ch 3 spaces.  Join in first sc.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

For an ornament, attach a loop of yarn into one of the picots. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you. Very sweet snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I got stuck on one But I am going to try your pattern, Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete