Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Easy Crochet Candy Stripe Hat Pattern

I hope you find this pattern as great as I do.  It is very easy to make.  This hat is done in rows and then seamed together, rather than working in the round.  If you have any questions about the pattern, leave a comment and I will answer asap!

You may not change or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

                                                                  Candy Stripe Hat

Swirls and Sprinkles: Easy Candy Stripe Hat Pattern Free
A customer sent me a picture of a hat that they wanted and this is what I came up with.


What you will need:
I hook
Worsted weight yarn.  (I used "I Love This Yarn")  I used three colors.
Scissors
Yarn needle


Abbreviations:
Ch-Chain
Hk- Hook
BLO- Back loop only
ST- Stitch
Sl St- Slip stitch
Hdc- Half double crochet
MC-Main color
CC 1- Contrast color 1
CC 2- Contrast color 2
WS- Wrong side
RS- Right side


Special notes:
Ch 2 does not count as a st.
You will be working in the BLO.

This hat will fit Toddler/young child.  It fits my 3yo.
You can adjust the pattern to fit any size by simply adding some ch's to your foundation and some extra rows.

Using MC: Ch 30

Row 1: Hdc in 3rd ch from hk and every ch across.  (28)  (RS of work)

Work the remaining rows in the BLO

Row 2-9: Ch 2, Hdc in each st across.  (28)

Fasten off and join CC 1

Row 10-11: Ch 2, Hdc in each st across.  (28)

Fasten off and join CC2

Row 12: Ch 2, hdc in each st across.  (28)

Fasten off and join CC 1

Row 13: Ch 2, Hdc in each st across.  (28)

Fasten off and join MC

Row 14-32: Ch 2, Hdc in each st across (28)
DO NOT FASTEN OFF
You should have the WS facing you after you have finished row 32.  If not, simply add one more row.
With WS facing out,  Fold the hat in half and Sl St the last row and foundation row together.
Fasten off
With the hat still inside out, join the yarn to the top of the hat.  Weave through the stitches all the way around and then pull TIGHT.
Fasten off.  Weave in all of your ends.

This is a free pattern for anybody to use.  You may not copy and sell the pattern, but you may do what you wish with the finished product.  I only ask that if you sell the hats that you give credit and provide a link to my blog. 

3 comments:

  1. very easy to work up and looks so pretty. thank you! Kim F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. Glad you like the pattern and finished product. :)

      Delete